in Ghana and Austria
BRAVEAURORA is regularly looking for qualified volunteers for project work in Guabuliga as well as in Austria.
BRAVEAURORA is regularly looking for qualified volunteers for project work in Guabuliga. The assignment should be at least for a period of 6 months, as only longer assignments are useful and helpful for the local people and the organisation.
We are strictly separated from the so-called “volunteer tourism”, so your special qualifications and a longer duration of use are important to us. We wish qualified volunteers for longer assignments – short-term so-called “auxiliary vacations” are out of place here! If you are more interested in the topic of volunteer tourism, you can read about it here.
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Successful completion of a first aid course (confirmation up to 1 year old)
- Good English knowledge
- Special qualification in one of the following areas:
- Technology / Crafts
- Social work and education
- Current extract from a judicial record
- interest in a different culture and way of life
- independence, sense of responsibility, commitment, reliability, adaptability, flexibility, resilience, creativity
- Intensive cooperation with the local project manager, the local director, other volunteers or interns, the Chief of Guabuliga and the local team of BRAVEAURORA
- Accommodation in the Volunteer Compound around 1 GhC / approx. € 0.30 per day for accommodation, electricity, etc.
- Intensive preparation and postprocessing of the mission
- Analysis of your skills and communally development of your core area of work for your mission in advance
- Professional support by local persons as well as from Austria during the assignment
- Insights into sustainable development cooperation and another culture
Interested people can already inform themselves at BRAVEAURORA about the exact requirements under firstname.lastname@example.org or send their curriculum vitae, letter of motivation and desired period of stay in English to us. If we have received the necessary application documents by e-mail and the corresponding competencies and experiences are available, we invite you to Linz for a personal conversation.
Applications are possible on an ongoing basis, but at least half a year before the planned travel period so that all preparations (such as vaccinations, visa, etc.) can be completed, as well as the obligatory one-day enrolment in Linz can be participated.
We are looking forward to your application!
“When I first came to Guabuliga – curious, excited and a bit nervous – I was amazed at the first feeling I had: it was like coming home, a surprising familiarity that I felt. In the meantime, I have been in the village three times and every time I feel this familiarity. This may be due to the warmth of the people who welcome us at all times or to the beautiful and meaningful tasks that you can take on as a volunteer and whose impact is directly felt. The experiences gained are priceless and have a high priority in my life. What you give comes back in many ways. That shapes, presumably for a lifetime. During my stays in Ghana, problems have been relativized, values and points of view adjusted again. And that’s good. I would travel to Guabuliga anytime.“
Christine Widmann (Austria), repeatedly volunteer at BRAVEAURORA
BRAVEAURORA sucht freiwillige MitarbeiterInnen (gerne auch Senioren!) für
- Englische Übersetzungen z.B. für Homepage-Texte, Newsletter, Presseartikel, usw.
- Fotodokumentation z.B. Fotos von Reisen sortieren und beschlagworten, die besten Fotos f. Werbematerialien auswählen.
- Standbetreuung z.B. bei Info-Veranstaltungen.
- Kontaktvermittlung zu Medien/Journalisten, die über BRAVEAURORA berichten könnten
- Grafische Gestaltung von kleineren Fundraisingmaterialien
- Identifikation mit Werten/ Aktivitäten von BRAVEAURORA
- fließende Englischkenntnisse/ Freude an der englischen Sprache für ÜbersetzerInnen
- je nach Aufgabe sehr gute Computerkenntnisse (MS-Office, Grafikprogramme)
Was wir bieten:
- Zusammenarbeit in einem kleinen flexiblen Team
- freie, flexible Zeiteinteilung
- Einblicke in die Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
- Fahrtkostenübernahme bei Anreise zu Treffen/ Veranstaltungen
Bei Interesse bitte unter email@example.com melden. Wir freuen uns auf Euch!