in Ghana and Austria
BRAVEAURORA is regularly looking for qualified volunteers for project work in Guabuliga as well as in Austria.
BRAVEAURORA is regularly looking for qualified volunteers for project work in Guabuliga. The assignment should be at least for a period of 6 months, as only longer assignments are useful and helpful for the local people and the organisation.
We are strictly separated from the so-called “volunteer tourism”, so your special qualifications and a longer duration of use are important to us. We wish qualified volunteers for longer assignments – short-term so-called “auxiliary vacations” are out of place here! If you are more interested in the topic of volunteer tourism, you can read about it here.
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Successful completion of a first aid course (confirmation up to 1 year old)
- Good English knowledge
- Special qualification in one of the following areas:
- Technology / Crafts
- Social work and education
- Current extract from a judicial record (incl. children and youth)
- interest in a different culture and way of life
- independence, sense of responsibility, commitment, reliability, adaptability, flexibility, resilience, creativity
- Intensive cooperation with the local project manager, the local director, other volunteers or interns, the Chief of Guabuliga and the local team of BRAVEAURORA
- Accommodation in the Volunteer Compound around 1 GhC / approx. € 0.30 per day for accommodation, electricity, etc.
- Intensive preparation and postprocessing of the mission
- Analysis of your skills and communally development of your core area of work for your mission in advance
- Professional support by local persons as well as from Austria during the assignment
- Insights into sustainable development cooperation and another culture
Interested people can already inform themselves at BRAVEAURORA about the exact requirements under firstname.lastname@example.org or send their curriculum vitae, letter of motivation and desired period of stay in English to us. If we have received the necessary application documents by e-mail and the corresponding competencies and experiences are available, we invite you to Linz for a personal conversation.
Applications are possible on an ongoing basis, but at least half a year before the planned travel period so that all preparations (such as vaccinations, visa, etc.) can be completed, as well as the obligatory one-day enrolment in Linz can be participated.
We are looking forward to your application!
“When I first came to Guabuliga – curious, excited and a bit nervous – I was amazed at the first feeling I had: it was like coming home, a surprising familiarity that I felt. In the meantime, I have been in the village three times and every time I feel this familiarity. This may be due to the warmth of the people who welcome us at all times or to the beautiful and meaningful tasks that you can take on as a volunteer and whose impact is directly felt. The experiences gained are priceless and have a high priority in my life. What you give comes back in many ways. That shapes, presumably for a lifetime. During my stays in Ghana, problems have been relativized, values and points of view adjusted again. And that’s good. I would travel to Guabuliga anytime.“
Christine Widmann (Austria), repeatedly volunteer at BRAVEAURORA
- BRAVEAURORA is looking for volunteers (including seniors!) for
- English translations e.g. for homepage texts, newsletters, press articles, etc.
- Pictures e.g. Sort and label photos of travel, the best shots to be used in promotional materials.
- Stand attendance e.g. at information events.
- Contacting media / journalists who could report about BRAVEAURORA
- Graphic design of smaller fundraising materials
- Identification with values / activities of BRAVEAURORA
- fluent English
- Very good computer skills (MS Office, graphics programs), if the task demands it
What we offer:
- Collaboration in a small flexible team
- free, flexible time management
- Insights into the work of a development cooperation
- Travel expenses to meetings / events
If interested, please contact email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!